I meant to make this dress for my friend’s bub ages ago, but I faffed about because I’m not really a confident sewer when it comes to clothes. I’ve made several garments for myself — and this baby, actually — but, for some reason, it’s still a bit of a block I have.
It was supposed to just be a broderie anglaise fabric cover over a blue shift … but it looked really boring. I thought the blue would show through more.
Anyway, add a sash, and a DIY cloth flower I made using this tutorial (minus the button, as it could be a choking hazard) and you get:
As you can see, the hem is HUGE; that’s so my friend can pull it down and bub can wear it for a few months longer, once it gets a bit too short (since it’s A-line, it will get too short before it gets too tight up top).
* My friend told her bub this when we popped the dress on her for her fitting. She burbled adorably.